[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 63 Futurama Bass

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

63 Futurama Bass

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Sancho » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:59 pm

And here's project number two, a Futurama Bass that looks to be from 63. Mostly needs a clean and little bit of wiring work. Damage to the body is mostly on the acrylic so will most probably have to be left for added 'character'. Again, missing a gear cover....

Sancho

by DeMontGuitars.com » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:56 pm

awesome! I have a baby blue model I, white model I and red model II ! super cool guitars!
DeMontGuitars.com

by Sancho » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Yeah, it's kind of cool. From what I understand, not too bad either. There's something you might be able to help me with. I have seen a lot of Futuramas with a kind of plate over those sliders, presumably explaining what they do. Does yours have one or, indeed, do you know what they do? Thanks.
Sancho

by DeMontGuitars.com » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:02 pm

off the top of my head (ive actually hardly played mine) There are four, L,H,TONE,MUTE
i think the L & H are for each pickup and are either an on/off or phase. Then the tone is a tone option of course, and the mute is mute!

i may be wrong. When I get around to setting one up I'll have to update.
DeMontGuitars.com

by Sancho » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Another thread I realise I never updated. Here's how the Futurama ended up. It sold for next to nothing to a young lady around the corner from me whose mother threw hers away when she left home and left it there for storage.

As well as being a very cool guitar, it actually played remarkably well too.

Sancho

by DeMontGuitars.com » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:36 pm

awww. I would have paid a little more than next to nothing!
DeMontGuitars.com

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts