[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Eko 500-4V

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Eko 500-4V

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Sancho » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:03 am

Another one to add to the stable - I have just acquired a 64 Eko 500-4V in beautiful Mother of Toilet Seat finish. Another being packed off for re-wiring and a clean.

I'll be looking for the trem bar, bridge cover and one tuning head nut in due course....
Sancho

by VintAxe » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:14 am

Tough to find original parts for these Sancho.

I've been looking for a bridge for my 500 for over 3 years. Hopefully, one shows up tomorrow.

Keep us posted if you make progress.

sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Sancho » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:35 am

Just polishing up on my Italian and bombarding various companies at the moment.

Have you tried Roberto Brandoni for the bridge? I'm going to go see him again some time in the next week or so and have another look through his stuff. I'm happy to hunt for one for you.

If parts are that tough, is it worth considering parting this one out. Ideally, I'm looking to restore, but if I can make a bit of money whilst helping others to get the job done it could be worth it.

My feeling is that it's probably worth the work as most of the issues with it are rusted up electrics and I think the finish will attract a premium on resale.

Sancho

by VintAxe » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Ok, I mis-remembered, my project is a 700 not a 500.

If you run across any of the parts I need Sancho, I will be your buyer.

I need the bridge, two bridge posts, a ferrule for one of the bridge posts, a tuner and three tuner ferrules. Of course original screws for the tuner would be great also.

Here is a link to a guitar similar to mine on the fetish site:

Here are some pictures of my project:

VintAxe
Site Admin

by Sancho » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:54 am

I've ordered a few parts (tuner and bridge cover) from Brandoni. Once they show up, I'll post up what I've received and you can judge for yourself whether they're genuine NOS or not.

He may be able to get you the bridge and ferrules - it's kind of hit and miss - and his prices are pretty reasonable. Obviously, I can get you a picture of my bridge to pass on to him if you don't have one yourself.
Sancho

by VintAxe » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:44 pm

VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:16 pm

VintAxe
Site Admin

by Sancho » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:16 am

Sancho

by VintAxe » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:28 am

VintAxe
Site Admin

by j.d. » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:18 pm

hello,

You can find all the Eko parts you need on my website!
www.GuitarAge.nl (-PARTS- section)

A trade against other hard to find 60s (Italian) parts is prefered.

I would be interested in your complete Eko 700 project!

Thanks and hope to see you soon. :lol:
J.D.
Guitar crazy?
...Crazy guitars!

www.GuitarAge.nl
j.d.

by Sancho » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Hey, J.D, I love your site but why no prices on the guitars?

Expect an email.....
Sancho

by VintAxe » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 pm

I do not see any of the parts I need listed in the Parts section of your site j.d.

Let me know if you have any of the specific parts I need for the 700 restoration. A list of parts and pictures are above.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by j.d. » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Hello,
I got a 700 tuner and bridge ,including posts & ferrule
Drop me an email on my website so i can send you some pictures!
Thanks
Guitar crazy?
...Crazy guitars!

www.GuitarAge.nl
j.d.

by j.d. » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:52 pm

hello,Sancho

There are no prices on my website, because i don't like to sell them. :P

But if an offer is great i will! :lol:

Thanks
j.d.
Guitar crazy?
...Crazy guitars!

www.GuitarAge.nl
j.d.

by Sancho » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Please excuse the big pictures, but today I am a happy man.

Sancho

Next

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts