The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Need to find out who manufactures this guitar

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by mrclever80 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi everyone. My father had this guitar up on his wall and home when he passed away and I have never even heard of this type of guitar. I am thinking it is some kind of cheap knockoff or something but I was just wondering if anyone knows who makes it. These are the only two pics of it that I have since I dont live near my fathers house. Anyone have any ideas?

mrclever80

by mrclever80 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Wow...no one has ever seen this type of guitar or knows nothing about it? Wow thats crazy; I knew it had to be some cheap knockoff
mrclever80

by Sancho » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:50 am

Hi,

It was made by a Dutch company called Egmond. Presumably 1960s. I think it's a Lucky 7. I know nothing more about it, I'm afraid. I would suggest googling Egmond Semi-acoustic or Lucky 7 until you find a match.

It's not going to be worth mega-bucks, but some Egmond models have historic links to certain bands so attract a premium.

It's worth you spending an evening finding out more about it, I think.
Sancho

by mrclever80 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:33 am

You are absolutely amazing good sir! I have been looking all over for that emblem. Now I can do some research to find out which one this is.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
mrclever80

by VintAxe » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi mrclever80.

I don't want to spoil your research fun, but your guitar is a model E-60. There were a few models in this line known as "compact cutaways".

Egmonds were imported into the US by Sorkin. Yours is pictured in my 1970 Egmond excerpt from a Sorkin catalog. The logo on yours suggests it was distributed by someone other than Sorkin since the Sorkin guitars were generally branded Egmond or had no logo at all.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrclever80 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:45 pm

I am not mad at you for the assistance at all. I was having trouble finding information on the Egmond brand and such so this is a great bit of information. At least now I have something to go from for knowledge. Thank you very much!!!!!
mrclever80

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts