[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Jolana Iris (or similar) control plate wiring question

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Jolana Iris (or similar) control plate wiring question

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Latvis » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:31 am

Hi,
I bought strange controlplate and bridge from fleamarket and now I have found out that the parts are from Jolana Iris?
Unfortunately someone has cutted & unsolder the wires and I do not know how to wire pickups... Has some one simple drawing or photo how to solder wires from pickups? (and what does 4-way switch?)

TIA

Latvis
rockdata.org
Finland[/img]
Latvis

by Sancho » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi Latvis. It's tough to know, but I would guess that it's probably meant for a guitar with two pickups (such as a Jolana Iris.....). If the switch is four way, my guess would be that the switch would be 1. Neck pickup 2. Bridge pickup 3. Both 4. Off.

That should make more sense of it. If you're stuck, you could try emailing these guys, as recommended to me:

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WD_CUSTOM_2/

Alternatively, if you're reasonably competent, take their standard diagram for a two humbucker set up with a five way switch and adapt it to suit.
Sancho

by Latvis » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:40 am

Somebody nice person send me this drawing

Unfortunately I am not technical oriented and cannot read that kind of schematics... can someone draw basic wiring (how wires goes to pots/switch)...
even better? if someone who has Jolana can unscrew 4 screws, blow some dust and took sharp photo how the named wires goes. TIA

-L
Latvis

by Latvis » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:29 am

After hours of hair pulling and help from
I got that tricky old Jolana Iris pickup switch and pots to work.

I am not sure if this is correct but now every 4-position (neck, neck+bridge, bridge, bridge with treble booster) works ok with tone pot.

"the 2n2 condensor is needed to give some more treble to the bridge pu in position 4"

Latvis
rockdata.org
Latvis

by osking » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:57 am

Hi,
please can you upload more detailed pictures of electronic conection.
I also find in my basement the other day jolanu Iris but all wire are cut off.
And i am also not technical oriented and cannot read that kind of schematics.
4-way switch is the biggest problem for connect.

Thanks in advanced

Saša from Croatia,Osijek
osking

by Musimadeluxe25 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:33 am

Hi there.
Yes, the stuff you got is from Iris - a cheesy Chezch telecaster version - a cool one to look at but a disputable when playing it. I had it long ago. The 4-way switch goes: neck-neck+bridge-bridge-bridge with Lows cut. As for the wiring scheme - I am stupid with cheesy wiring so i asked my colleagues on www.sovietguitars.com - the largest site on Soviet guitars on the subject and now waiting for the right reply.
Musimadeluxe25

by Musimadeluxe25 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:49 pm

yes, guys say it's alright with wiring Iris)
Musimadeluxe25

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts