[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Hofner Hopf Telstar - 220$

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Hofner Hopf Telstar - 220$

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by tomas » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:04 am

Hi everybody
I've just found a Hofner Hopf telstar standard in a thrift shop, complete, in almost immaculate conditions and with original case for 220 $. I don't know very much about the model, so I'm asking for advise. is it worth the price? what's the average market place for this model? I found none on ebay
this is the model http://www.vintageaudioberlin.de/vabgal ... ages/b.jpg

every suggestion is appreciated!

tom
tomas

by opotable » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:31 pm

i 'm no höfner authority but i do have a few and i'd be very tempted by that one at the price with original case

let's say that if it had been on the fleamarket i went today it would be home now. :lol: :
opotable

by Spud1950 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Hopf and Hofner, two different companies, two different factories.
Spud1950

by tomas » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:14 am

you're right, I got confused, but they shared some parts, correct?
today I'm going to try the guitar and probably I'll go home with it, if you got anything to say that could stop me from doing it, please say it!
tomas

by Spud1950 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:20 am

The German companies Schaller and Gotoh supplied a lot of the hardware and pickups used by Hofner, Hopf, Framus and other German guitar companies,so you do see the same parts on different brands. As far as the price,all I can find is this one that sold a few months back on German eBay.Works out to about $313 US.

I just look at it this way.If it's in that great condition with everything working,and it plays and sounds to your liking, $220 seems like real good price for a cool old guitar like that. Just give it a thorough test drive. I found this cool picture of the back of the Telstar pick guard assembly. With all those dials and swithches,looks like there's many different tones available.

Spud1950

by tomas » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:35 am

Uploaded with

Uploaded with
Last edited by tomas on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomas

by Spud1950 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:41 pm

:shock: Excellent score! Fantastic condition,great price.
Spud1950

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts