The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Eko 500 4v Wiring Issue

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by jeko » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:18 pm

So I bought an Eko 500 4v about a year ago. It plays nicely however I'm having an issue with the 4th pick up (the one closest to the bridge). It sounds very thin and tinny when used by itself and makes no difference when used in combination with the other pick up. I thought at first it was simply a phasing issue but upon opening the guitar up, I think it may have something to do with all the capacitors that are wired in there.

Here's a few pictures of what it looks like and as you can see the fourth pick up (bottom connection in the first image) has only one capacitor and is not connected to any of the other pick ups. Any ideas on how to rewire this so that the 4th will sound fuller?

Last edited by jeko on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeko

by Mgeek » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:31 am

Your pics aren't showing up...for me anyway.

It's hard to picture what's going on- is something obviously disconnected?
Mgeek

by jeko » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Images fixed, should be showing now.
jeko

by Mgeek » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:34 pm

From looking at that shot, I'd say the wiring is all original

Unless you really understand circuit diagrams, there's always gonna be some mystery with 'oddball' guitar wiring. Obviously it' s hard to tell without the guitar in hand, but are you sure that that setting of the guitar isn't meant to be really thin and tinny? I've encountered that sort of thing before

If it's not that, I reckon your best bet is to check it with a multimeter. It could possibly be that the pickup needs a rewind etc
Mgeek

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts