[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Klira Les Paul Goldtop

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Klira Les Paul Goldtop

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by jim1971 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:37 am

:D Hi and thanks for admitting me on the board.

Ive just bought me a guitar (yet another one). I actually just bought it as a backup guitar, but...

Now here is the mystery. I read about the Klira`s and i would be a lie to say, that they have the best rep, but this one ive got..what the .... ?

have I died and gone to heaven ?

I have had Gibson Customs, specials, Ibanez Artist Customs, and so on and so on. Still have a few of them. Ive played for twenty years

But this Klira juts knock me of my feet.

Its a Goldtop copy from the seventies. Its a ?"fretless wonder" , superlow string height, amazing neckaction, great tuners, vintage highclass finish. And amazing pups, clean , no noise, goldplated and vintage sounding(of course)

Ive have taken pics of it, but its a new camera, so I might use a cuple of days figuring it out and uploading.

the guitar has no serialnumber. Is this a one of ? Master custom built ? Have you heard of a Klira Goldtop ?

this is my best guitar EVER. And Ive played Gibbys own goldtop from the seventies and this is at least as good as that.

The only downer is the plastic knobs.

Pics will come .

Greets

Jimmi
________
Last edited by jim1971 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jim1971

by jim1971 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:42 am

and another little note . ive NEVER tried a guitar that keeps the guitar in tune THAT good. New strings, tuning and BAM they are good to go.

And besides all that is has the X factor, the mojo... This is scary, this is a god guitar ;)
________
jim1971

by jim1971 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:50 am

And it resonates like a dream when played on EVERY fret. Usually a guitar has some flaws on some of the frets, on even the best guitars IVE tried.
If I put a Gibson sticker on it and customized it to look like a Gibson. You would say that this was the best Gibson you had ever played..

This is not sales speech, finally I ve found the one

yes im in love...bear with me ;)

greets

Jimmi :)
________
jim1971

by VintAxe » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:03 pm

Hi Jimmi and welcome to the Forum.

From what I can tell, your guitar is known as the SM 14 model and was introduced in 1970.

Here is a blurb about Klira from Elektro-Gitarren you might enjoy:

"After about 1970, Klira, in accordance with market trends started introducing copies of successful Fender and Gibson models. With regard to workmanship and sound quality, these instruments were considerably better than those of the sixties. In the early eighties, original shapes were introduced once again in the form of the Magic series."

Sounds like you found a sleeper, well done! sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by jim1971 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:54 pm

Hi thanks for the reply and the blurb :-)

she is not sleeping anymore...waking up the neighbours :-)

greets

Jimmi
________
jim1971

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts