[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - unknown KLIRA model

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

unknown KLIRA model

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by stylo6 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:27 pm

Hello!

I would like to know what is the model name of this KLIRA guitar. Any specs available?
Could you please help me?

Thank you!

stylo6

by stylo6 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:20 am

Help? :roll:
stylo6

by VintAxe » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:24 pm

Hi stylo6,

I have not been able to identify your guitar for sure, but I can tell you what it is not. Klira made a variety of Fender Jaguar shaped guitars including the Kentucky, Star Club, El Paso, Montana, Haiti and SM 8.

I have consulted my catalogs and your guitar does not appear in any of the Klira guitar catalogs I have uploaded in the catalog section so we can probably safely exclude early to mid 1960's as possible production years for your instrument.

To me, your guitar is most closely related to a Klira Kentucky which was first introduced around 1967. Common features include the Fender Jaguar shaped body, the vibrato tailpiece, the bar bridge and the soap bar pickups. You can see an example of what I am talking about at Wietse's Guitars here:

In fact, the body of your guitar is almost identical to the Kentucky except for the pickguard. Since you didn't include a picture of the headstock, I cannot compare your instrument's headstock to the Kentucy headstock.

If the headstock on your intrument matches the Kentucky, my best guess is that your intrument is a later model of the Kentucky Wietse has pictured on his website.

Does that help? sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by stylo6 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:44 pm

Hello! Thank you for your reply. I've found a couple of pictures on the Internet and I also think it's a Kentucky model. Here are other pictures [Please ignore the logo. It's written by the previous owner. :( ]:

Cheers!
stylo6

by VintAxe » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:50 pm

Yeah, the headstock convinces me it is a Kentucky. Now we just need to figure out the year.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by stylo6 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:34 pm

I had many guitars in the past years but now I only have this one (it is in good shape). :)

Thank you for all the help!
Keep up the good work!
:D
stylo6

by wietse » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:39 am

wietse

by stylo6 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:10 am

stylo6

by stylo6 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:32 am

I have recieved a reply from Musikkeller:

KLIRA.guitar has the model-number 302, called "Kentucky" It was offered mid 70´s.

Cheers!
stylo6

by frankpaush » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:13 am

frankpaush

by wietse » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:38 am

wietse

by frankpaush » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:54 pm

frankpaush

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts