[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - I have one Hell of a Guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

I have one Hell of a Guitar

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Hollbrist » Wed May 11, 2011 4:22 am

I Just wish I knew who made it. Hi my name is brian and I just joined the other day. I introduced myself in the intro forum but. I enjoy music and especially playing guitar nothing gives me a better piece of mind. I own a couple guitars but it is my favorite i have questions about. Through all the hours of reasearch Ive done here is what I know besides it was a steal at $125 1.It was made in Japan probably in the 60's or 70's. 2.Crown Professional made a ton of acoustic guitars which ive read are of good quality. 3.I found something about a company called crown proffessional that is still around making high quality amps and sound equipment but I dont know if its the same company. 4. After looking through tons of pics ive seen two similar. The Tiesco had the same body and neck but all the hardware was different and the other also with the same body and neck i believe it said ??Haimon?? im not sure but it also had different hardware and two pickups. Mine has a single gold foil pick up and here are a few pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
[img][img]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb352/hollbrist/guitar.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image
Hollbrist

by VintAxe » Wed May 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi Brian.

I think your guitar was likely built by Crown Professional. They were a small Japanese company mostly building for the domestic market in the 1960's.

Here is a thread featuring another Crown Professional instrument:

VintAxe
Site Admin

by Spud1950 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:00 pm

$125 is pretty typical of the price range that these single pickup models are selling for in todays market.
Spud1950

by DeMontGuitars.com » Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 pm

DeMontGuitars.com

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts