[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - New List Japanese manufacturers 1960-1980 for MIJ guitars

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

New List Japanese manufacturers 1960-1980 for MIJ guitars

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Torch H » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi everyone-

I wanted to pass along a new page I created to make it easier to figure out who made the badged guitar you may have from the 1960-1980 timeperiod. If anyone has a badge not listed or other information that I can add, please let me know! You can find it here:

Torch H

by cheepaxes » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Cool. I keep hoping I'll run across someone with info on "Alex" branded instruments. My first rock instrument was an Alex copy of a Gibson bass.

Scott
cheepaxes

by relax » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:43 am

Nice info page, weldone!!!

I'm still looking after some information on my Grand suzuki electric guitares ...you mention the suzuki brand under the Guyatone company, does this means that the GS guitars were made by this company?
relax

by Bassassin » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Where are you getting your info? My own research indicates you're way off the mark with most of the UK brands I'm familiar with. And that's most of them.

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by jedistar » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:15 am

jedistar

by Torch H » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:44 am

Hi everyone! First I'd like to thank a couple of folks who pointed out flaws with my list. My goal was to get as accurate a list as possible, so that people with a badged guitar could figure out who made it. Please don't be afraid to let me know if something's wrong or inaccurate. I really want to help everyone with this work so hopefully, no one else will get as frustrated as I did looking for a particular badged guitar's information! Thanks and keep on writing!
Torch H

by Torch H » Sat May 07, 2011 11:03 pm

I've recently overhauled my list and added new manufacturers. If I'm in error please let me know! Thanks to everyone who has looked at my page and for all your suggestions and corrections! You're helping me to build a helpful list for everyone around the world.
Torch H

by sneakypete » Sun May 08, 2011 8:23 pm

the effort is noble, and potentially impossible. I once decided to save pics of all the brand names I came across on line but there were just so many that I gave up, literally dozens and dozens of them. As an owner on many older MIJ guitars, both acoustic and electric, I have come to the conclusion that I will probably always have more questions than answers, even with access to books on the subject written by Japanese authors who seem unable to get a handle on all the brand names over the years. This may turn into a hobby for you, a never ending hobby. Now, I just play and enjoy my guitars instead of trying to figure out everything about em...much more relaxing. Just watch Yahoo Japan and I but you`ll see another brand you didn`t know about every day. Some of my favorites were My...Yours...don`t you wish they`d make up their mind?...and an all time great ... the POS brand...and I`m not kidding.
Good luck.
sneakypete

by Torch H » Sun May 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Hey there Sneakypete...God I know this is going to be difficult if not mind-exploding at times! Maybe impossible. I'm just fascinated by the whole tangle of information that's out there and the missing bits that are scattered round the globe. But the way I figure it, if someone doesn't devote years of research into these guitars, we might never know who made all these weird/great badges and that'd be a shame for those owners who truly love and care about their guitars. All they want to know is who made their guitar! Even if, by the end (which hopefully is a long time yet), all I have is bits and pieces of information, at least it will all be in ONE PLACE, so those who come after can correct it or add to it as new information comes to light.

Would you be willing to share what you've painstakingly assembled with me? Please?
Torch H

by DeMontGuitars.com » Mon May 30, 2011 9:58 pm

DeMontGuitars.com

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts