[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Japanese Teisco Tulip questions

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Japanese Teisco Tulip questions

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by zeek » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:10 am

Hello to all i'm new at the forum
i won this guitar on ebay and just received it and haven't found that
much imformation on it i do know it's a 69 to 70 E-110 Teisco Tulip made in Japan (am i right) i have a few questions about this guitar so here they are
what kinda of wood is it made from ?
is it a 2 Piece body or 1 Piece?
is this the original finish on it and if i refinish it in nitro will it drop
the Value or should i leave it relic it has some deep dings in it and they don't look too pretty
my next question is about the neck is this the correct neck for this
guitar most of the Teisco Tulip that i have found pictures of have a c shape
headstock
and last but mostly where do i find parts for this guitar besides ebay
thanks
Zeek
zeek

by Spud1950 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:09 pm

The body is an E-110, but I've never seen one with that type of neck on it. All the ones I've ever seen have the Strat style headstock. Until I see differently, I'd have to say that is not the original neck. As far as the body wood, it looks to me by differences in the wood colors and grain patterns that it has a core of one type of wood with a veneer cap of another type on the top and back. The core looks to be some sort of mahogany type of wood, but the top and back appear to be something else. Honestly,if you want a nice original conditon E-100, you should just buy a complete one. By the time you find and pay for an original neck,pickup and hardware, you could be into it for as much or more then you can buy a complete original. Here's one for cheap.

Spud1950

by Mgeek » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Yep...I paid a fiver for one of these. They should be dirt cheap.

For what it's worth, I had one and it was made of plywood. I didn't really think much of it tbh.
Mgeek

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts