[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Help me with this Hondo

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Help me with this Hondo

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by al33xxxx » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm gonna buy this Hondo

I don't know anything about this guitar but i like it very much. Please help me with some information about this Hondo guitar. Thanks a lot!
Price:~150$
al33xxxx

by Spud1950 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:45 pm

It's one their budget priced models. Definately not one of the higher end Hondo's.Looks to be a mid to late 1970s. It's in nice condition.If it plays and sounds to your liking, $150 is a pretty fair price.
Spud1950

by daan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:56 pm

My first guitar was an 83-84 Hondo LP copy, bolt-on neck, in red sparkle finish. It was plywood, and had really cheap tuners and electronics. I currently have an older (70's) Hondo LP that's all wood and with a set-neck. I don't have a problem with bolt-necks, but the plywood does bother me. Like Spud says, if you really like it, buy it, but you can do better for what they are asking for if it is ply.
daan

by al33xxxx » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:45 am

I think it's plywood and have single coil pickups.I will buy it ;)
al33xxxx

90%

by selkentvintageaxeman » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:12 pm

90% of ALL guitars made from the 60's and 70's that came out of the far east were made of plywood.

Gibson 335 and 175 are made of plywood.

Do you think that anyone said to Barney Kessel or Chuck Berry...

"OOH!...you shouldn't be playing THAT...its made of PLYWOOD!"

Danelectro's are more or less made of plywood.

Whats WRONG with plywood?!?!?

It's stronger, it lasts longer, and it doesn't split.

If there are some of you out there who STILL cling on to that old belief that in a solid or semi-solid guitar, SOLID wood makes a massive difference to the tone...then you are wrong.

I have been around guitars for over 40 years, and believe me when I tell you that there are GREAT sounding plywood guitars out there.
"Life is what happens whilst your making plans"
selkentvintageaxeman

by johnnyb » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:53 pm

i agree, unless were talking acoustics then there is a huge difference between solid top and plywood.
johnnyb

by selkentvintageaxeman » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:57 am

Absolutely.

BIG difference when talking about acoustics.

:)
"Life is what happens whilst your making plans"
selkentvintageaxeman

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts