[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Hondo acoustic/electric

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Hondo acoustic/electric

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by SHAYNUS90 » Tue May 22, 2007 11:07 pm

YO, I recently picked up a Hondo acoustic/electric at a charity shop and I am interested in dating it and finding out where it was made and what the reputation of this kind of guitar is thanks I have posted some pics on my zorpia ,Note the pick up mounted in the neck don’t know if it is common or not and not sure wether the case is original or not.
SHAYNUS90

by VintAxe » Sun May 27, 2007 11:30 am

Hi SHAYNUS90,

I've looked through my Hondo literature to see if I can ID your guitar. All the electro/acoustics in my literature have a cutaway, yours is obviously a non cutaway style.

I can tell you that the logo on your instument is the same logo that appears on instruments listed in the 1988 Hondo catalog. So for now, my best guess is that your guitar was produced in the late 1980's. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by SHAYNUS90 » Sun May 27, 2007 4:26 pm

Thanks vintaxe the electrics could have been put in post factory so that could explain it.
SHAYNUS90

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts