[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Think I got a Teisco?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Think I got a Teisco?

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by 86SG » Thu May 31, 2007 11:27 pm

Hi Guys,

What do ya think I have here? Local shop told me its probably a Teisco but he didn't seem too sure.

All I know is I like it!
86SG

by VintAxe » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:22 am

Hi 86SG,

Judging from the headstock, I would say your guitar is a 1967-68 Kawai built instrument. The body reminds me of a Teisco MJ-2 which Kawai continued to use with many slight variations after purchasing Teisco.

I don't recognize the pickups on your guitar, do they look original? The pickguard also looks like it might be a replacement.

You can see cousins of your instrument if you check out other threads under this topic. See:

"Anybody know what this"
"Starway J-1"
VintAxe
Site Admin

by 86SG » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:49 am

Thanks VintAxe for all the info! I can't verify whether the pickups and pickguard are original or not. The pickups have a very low output, single coil sound going on. Really fat sounding but tend to get muddy. They are about a half inch wider than the strings and on closer inspection the pickguard is pretty roughly cut to fit around them. It's hard to say whether it came orginally that that though. I'm going to get it set up and I'll have the wiring checked out to see if that looks original or not.

Thanks again for all the help
86SG

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts