[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Help to identify a Greco.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Help to identify a Greco.

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Demetreo » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:47 pm

I need help to identify my Greco. There is a code I846241 printed on her shape. The 2 humbuckings are dated from 1982. Anyone knows what is this model???
Demetreo

by Mixolydian » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:14 pm

That isn't much to go on.
Try this link and go through the old Greco catalogs. There may be one with your model in it.
Mixolydian

by Demetreo » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:31 pm

Thank you, but I think that this model is newer than 1981...
Demetreo

by Mixolydian » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:44 am

Can you post a picture? That would help.
Mixolydian

by Demetreo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:21 pm

My avatar is my Greco... lol... I don't know how to post pictures here... If it's possible, I can post more with more details... Thank you!!!
Demetreo

by Bassassin » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:41 pm

Hi Demetreo - to post a pic you need to have a photo of your guitar hosted on the web - lots of people use sites like Photobucket.

However - I think I'm right in thinking that your guitar is the one 2nd from the right in this little thumbnail pic:

That pic's from a 1985 Greco catalogue, which you can see here:

http://www.sf.airnet.ne.jp/~shake/greco ... index.html

Unfortunately there aren't any big images, and my Japanese is non-existent!

Greco was/is the house-brand of Fuji Gen Gakki, the factory probably best known for Ibanez & MIJ Fenders. The serial number on yours, if it works the same as 70s/80s Ibanez, means it was made in September 1984, which seems about right, from the catalogue & pickup dates.

Anyway, hope this is useful, & it would be good to see some pics, if you can get some online

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts