[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - COLUMBUS (Jackson Dinky/Soloist copy) INFO???

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

COLUMBUS (Jackson Dinky/Soloist copy) INFO???

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by lostcreation333 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:08 am

I'm trying to get some info on the first guitar I ever bought.

It was about 13-14 years ago now, bought secondhand, and it was a Columbus Series (?) Strat copy, probably made around the early-mid 80s judging by the style and look of it.

The guitar was a super-Strat, based on a Jackson Dinky or Soloist, with HSS pickup configuration, Floyd Rose copy trem (from memory, I don't recall seeing the usual "Licensed by Floyd Rose" engraved anywhere on the unit) and a (Jackson-esque) neck/head with Sharkfin fretboard inlays.

I've spent hours googling "Columbus" but not found any pictures or text about this model.

Can anyone give me any more info... A picture would be even better, as I'm compiling a webpage of guitars I've previously/currently own.

Many thanks.
lostcreation333

by VintAxe » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:35 pm

Hi lostcreation333,

Since Columbus is a U.K. brand of lower-end import guitars I really don't know much about them. I can tell you they were imported by FCN Music Ltd. and I've seen them listed in Music Mail catalogs of the 1970's.

I don't know who was actually building them in the 1980's, perhaps one of our U.K. visitors can supply more information. I'll let you know if I come across a picture of your guitar. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by lostcreation333 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:24 am

Hi VintAxe,

Thanks for the help.

If anyone else can shed any light on this guitar then that'd be really appreciated.

lostcreation333
lostcreation333

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts