[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - What is this guitar? Please Help!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

What is this guitar? Please Help!

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by horribledeath18 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:35 am

Can anyone please tell me the model name or model number to this guitar please? I know it's a SEKOVA 12 String and I want to refinish this guitar but I need parts and different things for it but I need to know what kind of model it is and I can't find anything for it on the internet but all I know is that it’s a SEKOVA 12 String guitar and its red and black. The links to the pictures of the guitar are below. PLEASE HELP!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/ ... ure001.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/ ... ure003.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/ ... ure004.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/ ... ure002.jpg

Would anyone be able to tell me where I can get parts for it like a website I could go to or do you know someone who I could buy another guitar off of or parts off of for my SEKOVA guitar? If so please help!
horribledeath18

by VintAxe » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:05 pm

Hey HD18,

A 6 string guitar with the same body shape as yours is in the 1967 Sekova catalog I have in the Catalog section of this site. This instrument is called the "Mentor". While the body shape and finish matches yours, there are significant differences in hardware and style. The 6 string has a fender style headstock and the input jack is in the pickguard rather than the strat style of your instrument.

First, don't think about refinishing your 12 string. From the pixs the finish looks fine and refinishing will destroy whatever value the guitar might have. It doesn't look like your guitar will need much to get it in playing condition again. The chances of getting an identical, stock replacement bridge are not great but you will probably be able to find a bridge to fit your posts that will work. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Bassassin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Hiya Horribledeath!

That's what they said about refinishing it over at Matsumoku.org! :wink:

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts