[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - EL MAYA RHODES V bass

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

EL MAYA RHODES V bass

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by jndbeverly » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:16 am

I'm trying to find some info on a El Maya Randy Rhodes style bass. I know the El Maya factory story but want the ins and outs of this bass. It looks like a copy of the Guild V. It has a serial # of K001982. I assume its Kobe, Japan and built in 1982. If anyone knows anything I'd love to here it.

Thanks
jndbeverly

by VintAxe » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:43 pm

Hi jndbeverly,

I've got one or two El Maya catalogs that are not up on the site. I'll look to see if there is a RR Bass in them.

If you know the El Maya factory story, tell us, we'd love to hear it. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by jndbeverly » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:20 am

the el maya guitar plant was in kobe japan. They started building in the 70s and stoped with te eathquake in 1995. The quake was the worst since 1929 in japan (over 5000 died). The el maya name was taken from a mountain in kobe. They seem to be very high quality guitars. My bass is one of the best playing i own. I'll leave pics as soon as i figure it out.

Jeff[/img]
Go Big BLUE!!!! Superbowl baby!!!!
Colts are #1
jndbeverly

by jndbeverly » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:47 am

heres a pic of the guitar:

This is a pic from the ebay page where i bought it.
Colts are #1
jndbeverly

by Bassassin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:44 am

Hi - the Photobucket pics on the Ebay page don't seem to be working - any chance you could post some more?

That's an interesting bass because you don't tend to see many 80s El Maya/Maya designs - it's usually the 70s copy era stuff & the Alembic-styled El Maya original designs that come up. Wouldn't mind getting a better look! :D

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by jndbeverly » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:04 pm

Works here. Let me know if anyone else has problems. How else do you post pics? I'd love to show it off.
Colts are #1
jndbeverly

by VintAxe » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:05 pm

Hi Jeff,

When I followed the eBay link, the first image showed up but the images showing details of the guitar were gone.

I added the one image to your "Here's a pic" post, but like Bassassin, I'd like to see a close-up of the body. There are instructions for posting pictures on VintAxe under Forum Help and Guidelines. If you already have pics uploaded to photo bucket, you are more than half way there.

Thanks for sharing this unique guitar, and it looks like you got a GREAT deal to boot. Congratulations on a very sweet purchase. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts