[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - JB Player info

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

JB Player info

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Hardrock69 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:24 pm

Ok peeps....am selling this...got it a few years back. Never got around to totally refurbing it....it is in pretty good shape. Has an aftermarket chrome Kahler knockoff. I took it to a Nashville luthier to have him touch up a couple of small areas, but it looks like all he did was take a paint brush and paint some red paint on it. Really close match on the red, but not satisfactory to me. Looks ok though.

I am selling it just because I decided I do not want red guitars. Right now I have 5 of these. 2 red, 2 black, and I got a white one a couple of weeks ago off of CL for $155. Oh and I still have the bass. I lucked out and found a set of P/J-bass pickups exactly right for it off CL for 50 bucks. Just need to buy the hardware and make a pickguard and I can get it running.

I will eventually get around to selling my other red one. I am the king of procrastinators, lol. :mrgreen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-JB-Player- ... SwX~dWp9JM
Hardrock69

by Ironglide » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:50 pm

That's crazy, I just started looking for another of these guitars. My main is a tricked out JB player. I also messaged you earlier today before I even saw this post in this forum. I live in Nashville. Any chance I could come check it out? Even if you might be willing to sell 2 of them, I'd love to come check them out.
Ironglide

by daan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:26 pm

Hey guys (especially Hardrock 69)
I made a new guard for my JBP bass, a red/black/red one, so I don't need the original single ply black one.

They aren't the same as a "real" Pbass (the P-pup isn't in the same spot as the F guitar and the end of the neck is WAY wider than an F, too)
Shoot me a couple bux for shipping and I'll send you the old guard. It's in fairly good shape, other than being cracked by the output jack.
dannork at gee-mail dot com
daan

by Hardrock69 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:13 pm

Hey thanks for the offer, but I am going to make my own pickguard for my bass. I already have the stock factory one, but I have a custom color scheme I am going to use. I already have the plastic, and have already traced out the outline. Just need to cut it, and all will be cool.

And by the way, that new one of yours looks sweet!

Rock on! :D
Hardrock69

Previous

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts