The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Super Twin Guitar

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Ziggyzap » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:08 pm

Back around 1965 or so, I bought a guitar from a hock shop in Melbourne, Australia. It was a very cheap and nasty piece of rubbish called a Super Twin. Needless to say, I ditched it as soon as I could afford to buy a decent guitar (Rickenbacker Fireglow 335) from my earnings from my first professional gig.

However, I would dearly love to find out more about this terrible Super Twin guitar, such as - who made it, what country it was made in (Japan or another Asian country for sure) and any other information. Here is a picture of this guitar, which was red in colour with a black headstock with Super Twin written on it.

I hope that one of the readers here can help me find out about this guitar.

Cheers, Ziggy
Ziggyzap

by VintAxe » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:20 pm

Well, it is definately Japanese Ziggyzap.

I don't recall ever seeing that tailpiece setup before. This one will require some serious work to figure out who actually made it. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Ziggyzap » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:21 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I often wish that I had hung onto that guitar, simply because it started my very long career in the music and entertainment business.

I gave it to a friend when I bought a Rickenbacker guitar (which was subsequently stolen), but it would have been good just to hang onto it for historical reasons. But it was an awful guitar - no trussrod, the neck was like a tree trunk and it was impossible to tune - horrible. But what the hell, it served its purpose I guess.

Anything you can find out about this horrible instrument would be much appreciated, because sure as hell I've never been able to find out anything about it so far.

Cheers, Ziggy
Ziggyzap

by stuburgs » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:55 pm

ziggy

i getting one for christmas. i'm 30 now but when i was a kid my uncle let me play his super twin. i was a youngster and forget about it until recently when he reminded me about it.
this christmas when i see him i am going to get it off him and see what its got.
he said some of the switches were a bit dicky.
now i'm a better player i keen to see if i can get any decent sounds out of that piece of s*&t. should be a bit of fun.
so just in case you thought you'd never hear of one again. i asure you they're out there.
probably the best christmas present i'll get, ha ha

stu
stuburgs

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts