The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Check out this Tokai Paisley Tele!

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Riotonsunset » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:01 pm

Wow! 1985 ATE `67 Tokai Paisley Telecaster,closest to a real one I have ever seen this one sold for $1425 on Ebay last week.From the ad:

"Here`s a 1985 ATE `67 Tokai Paisley Telecaster in excellent condition. I`ve upgraded it with a set of Jake Jones Vintage Tele pickups (made to nail James Burton`s `52 Tele tone and next to impossible to find) plus the wiring has been changed to `52 specs ( a quick fix if it`s not to your taste) Other details include a bird`s eye maple neck, a Final Pro Spec bridge plate and the back plate # is L 25352.This instrument plays and sounds amazing and the only (minor) issue is three small check lines on the front of the body. I am also including a servicable case plus the original set of Tokai pickups. In addition to the shipping cost will be a $10 fee for professional packing to ensure maximum safety in transit. All in all, this is a great opportunity for any player who wants the most authentic looking, killer sounding paisley without a monster price tag! I welcome any and all questions so please feel free to e-mail me and good luck! "

Here is a real $20,000 68' Fender for comparison

Riotonsunset

by sneakypete » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:55 pm

I am a big fan of MIJs from that era and own my share, several Tokais too but the paisleys just never appealed to me, but thats a nice example and at that price I see it`s not just the Japanese collectors paying big money for them now. I live in a smaller Japanese city with fewer people looking for those MIJs and I found a 7okai Springy Sound ST-85 for under $200.oo US last year, that woulda never happened in Tokyo.
sneakypete

by Riotonsunset » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Ever since I made this post I wanted one of these and Last summer I finally found this one.

It's a "Breezysound" with the original Fender Telecaster shaped headstock so it is even a little closer to the original '68 than the ATE-67 above. It's the only one I have seen in the USA. Maybe they are more common overseas.

Riotonsunset

by Riotonsunset » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:44 pm

I got a bridge cover for my guitar to complete the picture.

Riotonsunset

by Riotonsunset » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:17 pm

Riotonsunset

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts