The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Antoria Deluxe/Maxon PUPs

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by knigel » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm kind of stuck. I recently purchased an Antoria Deluxe LP copy from...probably 1975 (if the serial number runs the same as Ibanez, and they were both manufactured at the same plant, so...) The kid I bought it from painted it camo (after it was spray painted black). I stripped it, and unfortunately I could not save the original finish, which was gold.

My problem is he NAILED in some after market PUPs, he says PRS but I have no idea, but also included the original Maxon PUPs. I was hoping if someone could tell me what kind they are, if they are like the Ibanez Super 70s, etc. They are stamped maxon, with the number 15023 in ink. Old man Google hasn't turned up much. I'd like to reinstall them (after waxing those mofos), but is it worth it?

It's a cool guitar, and it played nice (for the 15 minutes I had it before I tore it apart), and I'm hoping someone could tell me some info about the PUPs.

Thanks in advance all. You're the best.
knigel

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts