[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Mystery Kent hollowbody

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Mystery Kent hollowbody

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by mcurrie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:15 am

Just found this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-KENT-HOLLOW ... 4ced30942d

It's the exact same as mine, except I'm guessing this one was refinished (can't tell from the pics). The neck on that is the same as mine, which matches the burst finish on the one I have.

The tremelo/bridges are the same as mine as well, which would make me think that it is the original setup.

Mark
mcurrie

by BobbyBoy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:40 pm

BobbyBoy

by mcurrie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:05 pm

mcurrie

by jhill » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Ive got an Ibanez almost identical to this. It is a 1969/70 model made by Teisco while Ibanez were going through some factory changes. That is all I could find out about this one. I like this guitar alot, its got 2 fat single coil pickups that sound awesome. I think your Kent has had a pickup upgrade.
jhill

by Electraglide » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:22 pm

New here and not too sure if this thread is still going but I just bought the same guitar two days ago in Canmore Ab. Mine has a few differences tho. The bridge is a floating, 2 pc. archtop style and the pickups are chromed plastic. Can't tell if the volume/tone placement is the same. Mine has 2 white volume knobs close to the strings and 2 gold tone knobs close to the edge. And the neck plate is unmarked and rectangular. The neck p/u is about 1/2" from the neck. From what I was told, it's from '69 to '71. Aside from saying Kent on the headstock I hav'nt found any other marks or numbers on it yet.....but all I've done to it so far is redo the screw holes and restring it. I'll post pics when I figure out how.
Electraglide

by rigovalenz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:18 am

hi-there!

I just got the same guitar as Mark, and as I was doing some research I was brought to this forum, and I feel so lucky :) this is a great source of good information.

This is the first hollow body electric I have (although I have played some in the past, mainly Epi´s, Artcores and I think this one is better. As you can tell, I´m not a profesional musician, and don´t know much about guitars, but is great to know of other guys that have this same guitar that I already love after a few hours of having it with me.

Mine is in very good working condition, some normal use wear (well kept I can say), all electronics working OK, missing a couple of screws...but looking at Marks pics, is the exact same model, color, P-ups, tremolo, and the MADE IN JAPAN markings.

At first I thought it was a 60´s guitar, now I know it´s more like a early 70´s. I think you can call that a Vintage ;)

Best, and keep the good posting
SO YOU WANNA BE A ROCK AND ROLL STAR...
rigovalenz

Previous

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts