[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Guyatone LG-50H

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Guyatone LG-50H

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by mike_C » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:28 am

lot's of great info and pics in this thread.

cool guitar johan! how do you like guitar in terms of playability and sound?

yes headstock is essentially the same tho' if you look at them side by side there are very small differences ... funny.

i really dig the case!

hope it's not bad form to include in this post but if anyone has a neck pup from one of these guys they'd part w/ i'm in search of one.

best to y'all,
m
mike_C

by JPSpecial » Sat May 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Hey there.

I have a black LG-50 that was my dad's. I vividly remember him playing it through an old tweed amp when I was just a kid. My own love of guitar led me to my OOO15s Martin. So, I'm trying to figure out what the Guyatone is worth. I noticed one in stellar condition went on eBay a month or so ago for $1700. I'm curious what mine might fetch and if there is any interest in it here. Feel free to pm me with your email, and I'll send you some pics I took recently.

Really cool forum, guys!
JPSpecial

by Bob K » Mon May 17, 2010 5:58 am

JPSpecial sent me pics of his Guyatone and it's REALLY nice. Looks totally unmolested and in great shape.

JP, how is the playability? Action, neck angle, frets, etc.?

Thanks for sharing the pics. Love these Guyatones (and that paisley chair in the second pic!) :D

Bob

Bob K

by mike_C » Mon May 17, 2010 6:50 am

niccce one JPS!

so much for the notion the "H" signifies the larger headstock ala my lg-50h.
JPS's guitar is labeled an lg-50h yet has smaller headstock.

i love this thread.

edit - yeah bob you're right about "B". once i turned 40 my eyes started getting weird.
Last edited by mike_C on Mon May 17, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike_C

by mike_C » Mon May 17, 2010 6:51 am

niccce one JPS!

so much for the notion the "H" signifies the larger headstock ala my lg-50h.
JPS's guitar is labeled an lg-50h yet has smaller headstock.

i love this thread.
mike_C

by JPSpecial » Mon May 17, 2010 7:59 am

The frets are great. No issues there. The playability could be a bit better, but I plan to get the nut adusted and the intonation corrected at a local shop that does good work. One of the volume knobs also cuts out the signal when adjusting it from time to time. I plan to get that taken care of too. Otherwise, it's in good shape considering it's from the late 50s.

Any idea, once I get those issues taken care of, what it may be worth? To be honest, I'm planning on selling it. I'd love to sell it to someone on this forum who has a love affair with these guitars rather than an anonymous buyer on ebay.

Thanks for any input you guys can provide.

JP
JPSpecial

by Bob K » Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 am

Hey Mike - I think that's a "B" (for black), not an "H".

Do you have the original case, JB?

Bob
Bob K

by JPSpecial » Mon May 17, 2010 8:17 am

Bob,

Unfortunately, no case.
JPSpecial

by Mr Unit » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:49 pm

I've just picked up one of these. It was my uncles, he bought it second hand over 30 years ago. It hadn't been touched for at least 10 years but was still in tune.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image ImageImage

The tremelo arm is marked as 'Broadway' England
Mr Unit

by mike_C » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:06 am

welcome mr unit -

nice guitar! looks to be in very playable condition though i'm not sure how well tremolo and original bridge will work together. if it were mine i wouldn't change a thing! guitar looks great i think!

play that one!

best,
mike
mike_C

by Bob K » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Bob K

by Mr Unit » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Mr Unit

by mike_C » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:07 am

mike_C

by Mr Unit » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:48 am

Mr Unit

by Mr Unit » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:47 pm

I found a bit more out about the Broadway tremelo. Broadway were an English company who had guitars made for them by Guyatone. There is a great little site on them here:
Mr Unit

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts