[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Esquire Anyone heard or has info ?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Esquire Anyone heard or has info ?

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by moptop127 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi y'all,

It seems from the pics already posted by others that my 'find' has a different tail-piece set up... I can't find any photos of such a set up with the Esquires but I know there are Gibsons with similar single tail-stops (is that what they're called?)...any advice welcomed!

http://mattgreen127.tumblr.com/

This URL should contain the pics.

Cheers,

Moptop
moptop127

by mossguitars » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi mflack - Like yourself I had been searching for the guitar Co. "Esquire" for years on the net with on real luck - your thread is the only info I have come across after all this time. All I normally get on my searches is Fender Esquire and Squire... I gave up looking until last night, I gave it another try - I found your post. Bingo...

I have an Esquire Hollow body arch-top guitar and has the same head stock and name plate as your SG.

I bought her abit over 5 years ago from Cash Converters in Mordialloc VIC. She was unplayable – neck was badly set and frets were worn and only one pickup was working. I spent quite quite a few months restoring her and now she is an integral part of my collection.

Its funny in one of the posts in the tread, someone commented on the finish of the guitar paint and look - this was the main reason I wanted this guitar, I knew no matter what I'd get her playing again, but fixing buggered paint/varnish is another thing it never comes out like factory finish.

I have a few images and info on the work I did on my Esquire on my blog.

Scroll down to "Esquire Arch Top Hollow Body Jazz Guitar"

Thank you for the information in your tread, It gives me more search ideas so I can get info on my Esquire.

Thanks
Mossie
Check out my Blog - mossguitars.wordpress.com
Keep pickin
Mossie
mossguitars

Previous

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts