[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Early 70's Aria Ebay purchase

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Early 70's Aria Ebay purchase

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by TyGuy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:53 pm

Hello Everyone,
So I have taken the plunge and have purchased my first vintage guitar. An early 70's Aria... Diamond perhaps?

Here are some pixs:

I have done some research and believe that I got a pretty reasonable deal. I am just posting this to get some feedback and any info good or bad about this model guitar. Thanks :) -Ty
TyGuy

by VintAxe » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:21 pm

Hi Ty, congratulations on your purchase.

You've got yourself an Aria 1803T, it has the same pickups and neck as my 1832T. You can see mine here:
http://www.vintaxe.com/cgi-bin/vintaxe_ ... riadiamond

I've found my 1832T to be a handy recording tool. The pickups produce a bright tone that cuts though on multi-guitar mixes. The neck feels very close to my Strat and it stays in tune reasonably well.

The main downside to me is that the pickups are a bit noisy when recording.

It appears yours is in good shape and you got it for a good price. The knobs look like replacements, you can probably come up with black witch hat knobs that will look better and be closer to the originals. I think you've done well. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts