[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Do you recognize this?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Do you recognize this?

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by mrblanche » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:11 am

It's hanging on the wall at a restaurant near here.
mrblanche

by VintAxe » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:10 am

Hi Mike,

The guitar is a Teisco Spectrum ET-440 introduced in 1969 and made through the early 1970's. I had one for awhile and sold it. You can read a description and see a picture of mine here:

I liked the neck on it and the "spectrum" pickups were capable of producing useable tones. My main dissatisfaction was picking on top of those 4 pickups. It seemed I was always hitting the middle 2 pups with my pick and creating extraneous noise. Probably more a problem with my technique than the guitar, but it reminded me to stay with 2 pup setups with my players.

I haven't watched prices on them lately but I would guess they sell for something between $200 - $300 based on condition. Your restaurant wall hannger looks pretty beat. As you surmised earlier, it's probably best suited as a wall hanger or a parts guitar. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrblanche » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:57 pm

Yeah, I'd guess as a guitar, it's a pretty good decoration.
mrblanche

by crowtown » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:52 pm

if you own a guitar play it. don't hang it in shame of its condition ,thats what makes them vintage. they've been played for 30 plus years or more.

If your not playing it sell it to someone just learning, or someone who would really appreciate it.

If it still sounds good, and you like playing it , do it.

It is a beautiful guitar, beat up or not.

If I had money to blow, i would buy it.

Unfortunately it is a bad time of year to buy things like that .
SAY CHEESE!!:)_
crowtown

by crowtown » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:18 pm

by the way, the starting bid as of right now on the same model:ebay-$300.00. !! :lol: :shock:
SAY CHEESE!!:)_
crowtown

by mrblanche » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:58 pm

Wow! Must be someone who wants one.

This one is hanging in a restaurant; it's not mine.
mrblanche

by tnlcooper » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:37 am

Here's some pics of a near-mint one that passed through my hands a while ago. Stunning guitar.

Cheers,
Tim
tnlcooper

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts