[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Drifter Les paul copy with OHSC. Anyone heard of these?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Drifter Les paul copy with OHSC. Anyone heard of these?

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Onetoomany » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:29 pm

I just love this guitar. Found at a pawn shop for nothing. Had missing, broken, rusty strings and just was covered in dust and grime. I have the two missing knobs but Forgot to put them back on. I love the interior color of the case too. Very vintage style to me. You guys should hear this damn thing SCREAM!!

glad I found this diamond in the rough. It has the nicest neck, even better than my gibsons and the guitar just sounds soooo good. mmm
Onetoomany

by wietse » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:29 am

looks like a brother of my harmony les paul, i guess it's a harmony?Image
great guitar, mine sports a pair of dimarzio's, the first les paul model i've ever bought and this one wil stay for sure.

i only seen les pauls with that germanized carving branded harmony before.
that finish is typical for harmony too.

my other weird harmony, not the faintest idea wich model this is.
wietse

by Onetoomany » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:08 am

Onetoomany

by jone5150 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm

I had a 1979 Drifter LP copy Black w/gold trim 2 double humbuckers, white boarders almost trapezoid fret inlays Not too shabby starter for a 14yr old. My first axe. Crappy tuning keys, I'll never forget them...Had a Marlboro 10W amp w/tremolo. Blew it up day 1. After I got a MusicMan Sabre II [when Leo Fender was in charge, before Ernie Ball MM] I Painted the poor Drifter like EVH Frankenstein, my Senior year in H.S.1984 (VH 1984 was just released) I sold it to my bands bass player. He had a Univox Violin "Beatle Bass." and wanted a 6 string. I really wish I still had it. It was really decent to me. I saw one like it on flickr [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/23114971@N08/2210928349/

Ever want to sell it look me up-

jon
Retired hippie
jone5150

by Spud1950 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:57 pm

I found some Drifter guitar info. It was one of the brand names used by C.G. Conn Ltd. located in Oak Brook, Illinois. The original C.G. Conn company is probably most familiar as once being one of the major American manufactuers of band instruments, trumpets,saxopnones, etc. Here's some company history. It went through a lot of different owners over it's long history.

In the 1970s,they imported and sold acoustic guitars. For a short time in the 1980s,they did the same with electrics. According the Jedistar site, Conn/Drifter guitars were "Japanese guitars 1970s and 80s. Also made in Korea."

Here's a site with some Conn guitar info.

Spud1950

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts