[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - age of my Fernandes sunburst strat with gold hardware

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

age of my Fernandes sunburst strat with gold hardware

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by kenny09 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:09 am

kenny09

by sneakypete » Tue May 17, 2011 5:47 am

hard to say without pics.
sneakypete

by sneakypete » Tue May 17, 2011 5:48 am

hard to say without pics.
sneakypete

by kenny09 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:29 am

thanks, i'll try to load some.
kenny09

by kenny09 » Thu May 19, 2011 7:20 am

i've managed to look at a fernandes catalog on line and from the scratchplate holes it looks like a RST 57 model, only thing is i can't find the one with the authentic fender shaped headstock with the Fernandes Guitars logo. struggling to upload images but i'll keep trying.
kenny09

by Spud1950 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:39 am

This can help you narrow down the age of your guitar.It shows the date ranges for Fernandes Strats by the various headstock shapes and logo styles over the years.

Spud1950

by sneakypete » Thu May 19, 2011 9:25 pm

I had never seen that hooked headstock before, interesting link. I have a couple from The Function series...have seen the double bucker tele type I have in catalogs on line but the strat type I have is stamped order made in the pocket and was made for 138,000 yen in the `80s according to headstock logo and other similar production models seen in catalogs on line...and it came with the original warranty card. Also have this LP type...I`ll just post a link to a site with pics rather than repost them here...still a mystery and still looking for info on the guitar...

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18424
sneakypete

by kenny09 » Fri May 20, 2011 2:38 am

thanks all for the useful links. From what i've gleaned off the catalog and e-bay hreadstock link it must be an early 90's non US market RST 57 model. i'm still trying to upload some pics, thanks once again for your help and patience
kenny09

by kenny09 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:04 am

kenny09

by kenny09 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:21 am

kenny09

by kenny09 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:32 am

well that obviously didn't work....sorry
kenny09

by kenny09 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:40 am

kenny09

by kenny09 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:53 am

at last