[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - El Maya LS Custom (Les Paul Copy)

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

El Maya LS Custom (Les Paul Copy)

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

Buy?

YES!
67%
No :(
33%

Total votes : 3

by Cinaed666 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:42 pm

(I edited this forumpost to be about a different guitar instead of making a new one.)
Hello, I've got the oportunity to buy an El Maya LS Custom (Pre-1977 model) for about 550 dollars. (400euro here in europe)
I've found barely any info on it, but from what I've read, they are comparable to the real deal.

What I know of it:

Set neck, not bolted.
Pre-1977 model.
'custom' line of the Maya brand.
Mahogany body, neck.
Rosewood with pearloid inlays.
I think the coils can be tapped, too.

Here are some pictures:

I hope someone can tell me a bit more about this guitar, or about the brand.
Last edited by Cinaed666 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cinaed666

by Spud1950 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:18 pm

A lot of times,prices depend on where you live.I realize that in Europe new and used guitar prices tend to be higher, but here in the USA, $430 would be way too high a price for that guitar. As far as the quality of Maya guitars, from what I've read people tend to rate them as being mid level guitars as far as quality. In the end,only you can judge whether the price is fair for what you're getting.
Spud1950

by Cinaed666 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:27 am

Cinaed666

by Spud1950 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:19 am

Spud1950

by Cinaed666 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Cinaed666

by Riotonsunset » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:58 pm

I don't think the price is out of line if the guitar plays good. I paid $595 for my Greco Les Paul Custom. I have a Maya ES-175 copy I bought for $399 at my friends shop yesterday. It's a really nice guitar and well made.

Riotonsunset

by Riotonsunset » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Riotonsunset

by Cinaed666 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:42 am

Just wanted to let you know that I went ahead and bought it.
It's an amazing guitars which wipes the floor with modern gibson les paul customs. The only concern I have is that the saddles seem to not quite stay in place. When I got it, the intonation was slightly off, so I fixed that. This morning I could swear some of them were sliiiightly off again... It's not a major issue, and it could be me just being paranoid.

It's in a relic condition, but I don't really mind. This guitar comes from the golden age :D

Anyone want some pictures?
Cinaed666

by wietse » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 pm

enjoy your el maya, they are high quality instruments, while the maya brand sported a lot plywood guitars with fake humbuckers, the el maya's are topnotch, i love my EM-1100 to bits.
that's a real les paul killer, a beast that roars and sings like like nothing else.
wietse

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts