[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Magnum Les Paul Copy...is it Japanese?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Magnum Les Paul Copy...is it Japanese?

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Torch H » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:28 am

I found this badge recently at a local guitar shop and want to know if anyone's been able to link it to a Japanese maker. Read about what I know so far here: http://torchsvintageguitarresearchblog.blogspot.com/
Torch H

by VintAxe » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 am

Hi Torch H,

My hunch is that it will take some detailed pictures before anyone can help you with this one. As you know, lots of different badges on 70's LP copies and identifying a source requires close inspection of the details. Bassassin is pretty sharp on IDing 70's LP copies so you can probably get some help if the seller will allow you to open the control cavity and take a clear photo. It might be worth it to him to know more about the origins of the guitar.

Take your own screwdriver :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Torch H » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:41 am

I got the photos I took on the blog...but they're not clear enough or close enough so I'm going to go back. I found another Magnum bass in blue just the other day...so I'll get photos of that as well. I think I've nailed down the possible distributor of the badge...just waiting for a confirmation on that...but hopefully, this mystery can be solved! :D Thanks everyone for your suggestions...it helps me do a better job!
Torch H

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts