[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - need help with guitar I.D.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

need help with guitar I.D.

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by texas slim » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:23 pm

hi. i wonder if anyone can help me id this guitar?
body is laminated, three wire single coils, three way switch. string thru hardtail. pickguard does not have inset for the bridge. guitar weighs more than a Les Paul. nut is Gibson type, not strat.
sorry for the pic, it's the only one i have atm
[img][img]http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo71/ghostwolf_album/DSC00166.jpg[/img][/img]
texas slim

by jimijames » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Hello Slim, I would have no idea but I can tell you that I once owned an Indonesian squier tele which weighed a lot more than any les paul did. It was made from Agathis wood which grows in rain forests right across southeast Asia and the western Pacific, which is supposed to be sort of like our Mahogany.
-Bob-
With the power of soul, Anything is possible.
jimijames

by texas slim » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:02 pm

i know for a fact this is no Squier. given the three way switch, general condition of the hardware, the headstock shape, etc, i suspect it's a 70s era guitar.
the pickups have metal plates on the bottom, with one of the three wires soldered to the plate. the pickup routs look almost like they'd fit a P90, with the rest of the rout looking like that of a Duo Sonic.
truly a beater project for sure.
texas slim

by jimijames » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:16 pm

I didnt think it was a squier either but it might be agathis wood, being so heavy. I really love that huge headstock. some Olympic white paint and its Hendrix at woodstock,lol.
-Bob-
With the power of soul, Anything is possible.
jimijames

by texas slim » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:26 pm

body is laminated, heaviest laminate guitar i've run across ever. it literally is heavier than a Les Paul.
texas slim

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts