[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Can anyone help w/ this Vintage Fernandes Revival Guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Can anyone help w/ this Vintage Fernandes Revival Guitar

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by ct1077 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi-- I am trying to find out the true color and year this fernandes Revival was made. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

[img][img]http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee511/ct1077/DSC02429.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image

[img][img]http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee511/ct1077/DSC02433.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image

[img][img]http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee511/ct1077/DSC02435.jpg[/img][/img]
ct1077

by Spud1950 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Unfortunately a lot of Fernandes guitars,depending on when they were made,don't have serial numbers. You can get a date range by the headstock shape and logo. Scroll down on this page and you'll see that yours fits into the 1982-1985 range.

As to the color, I checked the 1982 catalog.The only color they have that is anything like yours is listed as "SOB",which I think probably means Sonic Blue, a Fender color designation that looks like this.

Your finish seems to have faded with age or the lighting of your pics is making it look a bit different.

Those Revival series are great guitars,considered to be among the best of the Japanese Fender clones. They are one of the ones that really scared Fender at the time! From everything I've read about them they are meticulous copies of the originals with high build quality and parts. The pickups get rave reviews as being totally authentic repros of the original vintage Fender type in both the way they are constructed and the tone quality.
Spud1950

by ct1077 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Hey, I really appreciate the info! The color does seem to be a Sonic Blue color but looks greenish in person.

I agree, the sound on this guitar is unbelievable and also the feel of the neck is great! One of the best strats I have ever played!

Thanks for the help!
ct1077

by mrblanche » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:03 am

If Sonic Blue has nitrocellulose lacquer sprayed over it, it will eventually look greener as the lacquer yellows with age.
mrblanche

by Soldano67 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:08 am

That is a early revival, as you can tell by the neck plate, The only ones any earlier I believe had Fender logo & that would be only differance. If you pop the neck off you will see year model stamped on neck butt & seriel # stamped on back of neck where it would meet the body. Also will have F.S.P. stamped inside a pickup cavity in body & most likely a orange drop tone cap w/ grey covered pickups. Is your body starting to check..? I have a 57 in same early years as yours & body is completely checked front & back with neck havieng no checking, those necks are very good. Great find.. I am to start a thread in a few places to see what F.S.P. would stand for that is marked inside these paticular guitars.
Soldano67

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts