[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 1970's Ibanez Musician

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

1970's Ibanez Musician

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by nikeagogo23 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:17 am

this really is such a beautiful guitar!

i'm thinking about getting one but i've never actually played one... any advice anyone?

here's a REALLY beautiful one on ebay that i found that i'm considering bidding on

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1978-Ib ... 3370617e1a

anyone have any experience with these guitars?
nikeagogo23

by Big Beat » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Great guitars! One of my workhorses is a '79 Studio, which is the same basic guitar minus some of the bling. My favorite era for Ibanez, before that whole Superstrat thing.
Big Beat

by john_rossdale » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:48 am

Those are high quality guitar all the way. Back in the day, a friend of mine had one.. I asked him,, ? and i was amazed when he showed me.. :)
john_rossdale

by A Knight of NI » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:32 am

That's an MC500 - I have one just like it. Very fine guitar to be sure - a bit on the heavy side for me. I also have an MC150 which is also extremely nice - much lighter than the 500.

The earlier MC500s (like the one in the OP) have the tri-sound pickups and the active EQ/boost functions. Later MC500s added a master tone control. To me, these early ones without the master tone were probably intended to be used with the active EQ in place of the tone control.

The MC150 has split-able pickups, with 2 volume & 2 tone controls. These have a great feel to them and I find I prefer their simplicity & lighter weight compared to the MC500. YMMV
A Knight of NI

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts