[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - New addition to the stable

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

New addition to the stable

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Spellcaster » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:36 pm

I was given a body and neck from my buddy's barn about a year ago, and have spent months accumulating the parts to complete it. I just finished putting it together and thought I'd share a picture.......

I know just enough to be dangerous...
Spellcaster

by VintAxe » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:06 pm

Hey Spellcaster.

I have a guitar from the same family and era. Mine is an Aria Diamond 1832T from the early 1970's. Here is a Pix for comparison:

What work did you do to get yours restored?

I used a Peavey Mark III for several years. It was bullet proof and had great tone for a solid state amp.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Spellcaster » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi VintAxe!

Mine was missing the pickups and the bridge/tremelo tailpiece when I got it. The pots and the lead/rhythm slide switch were frozen, and the pickup switch was completely toast. I managed to free up the pots and switches and they're working well. The pickup switch was replaced with a new Les Paul switch. I found a set of pickups on eBay quite a while ago, but was stuck on the tailpiece. After a year, I was ready to give up and fit it with a tune-o-matic and a Bigsby (only thing I could think of to cover that hole!) when I got a tip from the guy who'd sold me the pickups. Thanks to him, I was able to get an original tailpiece with the ashtray cover in nice condition. I just tidied up the wiring, copper foiled the cavities, and put it together. I'm really liking this....I had an identical guitar in 73 that was branded Toledo. This one, with light guage strings and a proper setup, plays a lot nicer. I'm really liking the way these pickups sound.

Only issue I'd like to deal with is the tuners....These ones work and actually hold tune pretty good but thet're really sloppy and have a lot of backlash. I've been wondering if the 70's style Fender "F" tuners with the trapazoid-sshaped bodies might fit.

By the way, the Peavey Mk IV is my bass amp, which I use with a Peavey 210 Powered Enclosure and two Peavey 18" Black Widow boxes in a bi=amp configuration. My main guitar amp is a 70 Fender Twin Reverb with blackface mods and cosmetics in a new head cabinet. I use it with a 68 Dual Showman cabinet with two 15" JBL's.
I know just enough to be dangerous...
Spellcaster

by Gregf » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:05 am

You have a nice collection there spellcaster

I have a similar amp,its a peavey kb300 I found it at a rubish throwout the muso was throwing it out as it took up to much room
although its a keyboard amp it still makes a guitar sound good
Greg
Gregf

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts