[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Eros Strat clone and maybe a Kawai.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Eros Strat clone and maybe a Kawai.

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Nick Ellingworth » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:29 am

Hi all as I mention in my I've recently got my hands on what I belive to be a Japanese guitar in the form of an Eros Strat clone. Additionally yesterday I was checking out a local guitar shops that opened recently and found what I think might be a Kawai built guitar but I'm really only guessing with that. I went in for strings and came out with a guitar. :roll:

Anyway on to the pics, first here's my Eros:

A bit of an odd beast as far as strat clones go alteast in my experience. Only 2 pickups, no selector switch, 2 volume and 1 tone control and that tremolo. Still needs a proper setup and but it plays quite nicely and sounds good. It was sold to me as having broken electrics, the problem turned out to be a short circuit caused by a pot lug touching the case of the other one, one quick bend of the errant lug and it was working perfectly.

All I know about Eros is that they are seemingly a UK exclusive name put on imported Japanese guitars and have no relation to the Italian firm E-ros.

Now on to the unnamed possibly Kawai built thing:

Really the Kawai thing is a guess but the hardware looks Kawaish to my untrained eye. It's not in great condition visually but nearly everything is structurally sound. I've just got to re seat the nut and it'll be good to go. Amazingly though despite the lose nut it actually stays in tune and is perfectly playable.

Any info about either of these guitars would be massively appreciated.
Nick Ellingworth

by jfine » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:47 am

The Eros dates from the late 70's or later--it's a copy of a Fender Lead II, and those didn't come out until about '77 or so.
jfine

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts