[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Great japanese copy

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Great japanese copy

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by jpdb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi I am new on this forum. I would like to share my latest axe :
a Sakai Les Paul recording copy.
It's a very nice playing guitar, looks great and is in near mint condition now...
I bought it from the internet and a lot of things were wrong; electronics not working, no adjusting possibillities for the string heights etc. So I started searching for answers on the internet and came across this forum, luckely I found a post in were a member asked for info about his new guitar and he posted a lot of pictures, exactly the same as mine, except for the color...but who cares.....
He also had a picture made of the eletronics, clear enough to figure out the schematics. that resulted for me in a complete original wiring which makes this guitar very versatile, I realy love the sounds that comes out of it.
Since the original Gibson LP recording was released in 1971, I would believe that this Sakai saw the light in 1972-1975, impossible to dtermine the exact date.
The real thing was a guitar with special low-impedance pickups and a wiring designed for recording purposes, it could be plugged into a mixing table directly.
Sakai made a "cosmetic" copy, the pickups on this guitar are more like P 90's
that's also the sound! I love it. they can produce that bright punchy biting sound, but due to the extra switches sounds like a melloy PAF are also possible. As I said before: very versatile.
Okay, enough said, time to show the beauty! ( try to upload some.....)

Isn't she lovely.....
strings are things that make me feel like having wings
jpdb

by Phizix » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:01 am

Your guitar looks great now! Glad you were able to restore it. I have never seen a Sakai like that in person, it has a great finish.
Phizix

by jpdb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Yeah it's a beauty, also she's actualy a semi-hollowbody, only without any soundholes. therefore it's a leightweight. sounds very good, 8 different sounds, and plays like a highend guitar. to give an idea of how it sounds, tele sounds, warm humbuckerish, real P90 bite, and also single coil. never had that in any other guitar I played, and I played a lot... :shock:
strings are things that make me feel like having wings
jpdb

by BluesHawk » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:02 am

It's beautiful and appears to be very well made. Congratulations! I just learned recently a lot of these Japanese guitars have meticulous craftsmanship.
Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts