The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Carlo Robelli bass

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by daan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:46 pm

I might get this, it's a 70's Jazz bass a friend has. I never heard of this brand before and it's a nice bass (plus my Hondo jazz might not be done soon) I tried the usual Google/Wikipedia search but I didn't learn much about them.
The case is super cool-metal coping around the edges and in perfect shape.
THe neck is 3-piece. It's smaller than the neck on my Hondo but not bad.
With the way the burst was sprayed I thought it would be plywood with a veneer but looking in the pickup route it looks like real wood (maybe a sandwich, top and back halves though)
So what's up with this bass, has everyone but me heard of this brand? The only real difference between this and the "real" Fender jazz I've actually played is the neck (3-piece with truss adjust at the nut) It sounds really nice and plays good, too. Plus it looks totally cool with the burst/tortoise/chrome covers all over it. Made me want to bust out the "Barney Miller" theme song, actually...
daan

by daan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 am

More pix, with the covers on. This thing is really nice. I just don't know anything about it.
daan

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts