[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - New to Forum and Vintage Guitars

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

New to Forum and Vintage Guitars

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Thomas1968 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 am

Hi folks,

Thought I would drop a line to say hello. I'm originally a drummer who switched to playing guitar a few years ago and it seems I have caught the "gas" syndrome now.

I'm new to "collecting" but it seems I now have more guitars than drums (or brains maybe too!) and I like funky and unique older styled guitars. I recently picked up this "Canora" Barnie Kessel copy guitar and now I'm gassing for more vintage Japanese guitars.

This one plays great, the action is nice (a few dead spots after the 12th fret but not bad), has great sustain, pretty good tone for the single coils (a bit of feedback when you crank it - but that can be good too!), the electronics work nice and the wood and finish seem to be good quality.

Other than that I do not know much about the brand or which factory it may have come out of....it seems to be from the 60's (could be 70's) maybe someone else has more expertise in this area.

I love it so far though!

Last edited by Thomas1968 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas1968

by Sky Blue Lou » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:15 am

Egnater Rebel 20? I have one of those. Nice little amp. Cool guitar as well.

I'm new to this forum and these vintage Japanese axes as well. Holding the GAS at bay until I see how the first one fares. Could be in a world of trouble if it comes out well....
Sky Blue Lou

by Thomas1968 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:15 am

Here's a couple more for interests sake.
You'll note it is missing the tremolo bar. Anyone know where to get the correct one?

Last edited by Thomas1968 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas1968

by Thomas1968 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am

I do like that Egnater 20. I can only describe the tone as "creamy smooth".

I think I need to spend more time learning better technique in my playing but at least this purchase opened my eyes to Jazz great Barney Kessel. Never really payed much attention but if you "youtube" him and watch the videos he's really is great.
Thomas1968

by VintAxe » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm not sure about the exact style of bar this guitar had, but this guy has several different bars that will work. Check his store to see the variety of bars he offers.

VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts