[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 60s Japanese guitar dealers?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

60s Japanese guitar dealers?

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by demicami » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 am

demicami

by VintAxe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Hey demicami.

Looks like no one really has a clue here and I think that is probably accurate. Most of these guitars are sold on eBay and dealers are generally not interested in dealing with them.

The issue is basically economics. A $200 guitar cost as much to store, package and ship as a $5,000 guitar. Do you want to go to this effort to make $50 on the $200 guitar or a $1,000 on the $5,000 guitar?

If you are an eBay seller that inherited grandpa's 60's Japanese guitar, the price is all profit and it is a one time effort. If you are a dealer that must buy these guitars and still make a profit in an environment of eBay sellers, life is tough.

VintAxe sells 60's Japanese guitars because we bought 225 guitars in one day from a long time collector. I've got many duplicates and guitars I probably wouldn't have purchased myself that are taking space in my house. I know I don't post new guitars that often because I'm not that keen to sell what I have, but do check the For Sale page from time to time to see if I have added something of interest.

Good luck with your search, it is half the fun :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts