The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

asian made HARMONY badged guitars?

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by opotable » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:39 pm

long shot but maybe somewhere someone will suddenly check in with a wealth of knowledge......

a new member on the harmony boards has prompted me to post here asking if anyone has any definite facts/literature or infos on these items.

i have an open book headstock LP ,probably late 70's japanese. the rest of my harmonys are all made in chicago and actual factual info on even the LP's and strat copies is sparse.

this is the latest obscurity :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-70s-Har ... true&rt=nc

it would truly appear to be matsumoku made and the pickups look to be be bill lawrence.......... 8)
opotable

by Adey » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:56 am

I had a look at that...

It appears to be pretty much identical to the Hondo Professional guitars, but this one is a neck through variety. I am guessing that they were both made at Matsumoku but the headstocks were cut slightly differently on each.
Adey

by opotable » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:55 pm

hi adey. well yes, the shape of the body is very similar to the hondo and plenty other guitars too! :wink:

so it turns out that the highest bidder (our new member who joined up expecting us to know everything about this guitar!) filed a complaint with ebay cos the seller couldn't provide documented evidence that this was a 1970's harmony guitar.............

that's why it's relisted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1975-Ha ... 2745298%26

who knows what heights it will reach this time around.
opotable

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts