[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Vintage Ibanez , help with recognize

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Vintage Ibanez , help with recognize

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by RRR » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello, arrived to my hand an old guitar, the person who gave it to me claimed it Ibanez Les Paul mij 1976. The problem is that there is no write on the guitar, no name, symbol or serial number. Not under the pickups too. the person claimed that the writing erased with time.

My questions are, is indeed the inscription could be erased with this model?

If so, how can I be sure that this guitar is original ibanez?

Look for the color and the maple top... is this a vintage Ibanez?

thank you.

RRR

by frankpaush » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:29 pm

... if there is no brand name Ibanez on the head IT IS NO IBANEZ, quite simple, I remember Ibanez published a comment concerning this theme somewhere (I'll post it when I find it ...) And, as far as I know Ibanez used open book head stocks in 1976 (the reason why there was the famous "law suit" that never made it to any court :D )
frankpaush

by Phizix » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Judging from the catalogs, the 1976 Ibanez Les Paul's had inlaid logo's in the headstock and I'm not sure they were available in that particular finish.

I don't think your guitar is an Ibanez unfortunately...

Full 1976 Ibanez Catalog -> http://www.vintaxe.com/catalogs_japanes ... z_1976.htm

Ibanez Les Pauls -> http://www.vintaxe.com/cgi-bin/vintaxe_ ... nez_page06
Phizix

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts