The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Anyone ever heard of or seen a Dover guitar?

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by guitslinger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:17 pm

For Christmas of 1967,my parents gave me my first electric guitar.It was a 3/4 Jazzmaster influenced design with two strangely configured single coil pickups.The pickup covers were white plastic,much like the Jazzmaster's pups but instead of regular polepieces it had 6 triangular chrome pieces where the polepieces would have been.The brand name was Dover and I have never seen or even heard of another one,after asking countless guitar and music oriented web and Facebook sites.Does anyone have any knowledge of this brand? The guitar doesn't share any of the cosmetic or hardware features of any other MIJ guitar brands such as Teisco Aria,Ibanez etc.,it's in a category of its own.I'll try to post pix but I'm a complete Luddite and have to depend on the assistance of someone else to get pix posted.
guitslinger

by Phizix » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Can't say I know anything about Dover but I can help you with posting a picture.

Here is our thread on how to post a picture here on the forum using a hosting service viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1858

You should also be able to just attach the images directly from your hard drive using the "upload attachment" at the bottom of the post next to the "options"

If they are already on the internet you can just copy past the url in between the [img]your-picture-url-here[/img] tags which is a button at the top of the post window.
Phizix

by guitslinger » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:44 am

Thanks Phizix,but I am such a computer illiterate that all computer terms and functions are Klingon to me.My buddy who is a web designer/programmer usually drops by a couple of times a week,so the next time that he drops by,I'll try to get the pix of the Dover posted.
guitslinger

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts