[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Double Eagle Japan guitar end 70s question

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Double Eagle Japan guitar end 70s question

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by javicarre » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:15 am

Hello everyone and thanks for adding me.

I have questions about this manufacturer Double Eagle (Japan) and this guitar anyone has or knows? I can not find information on the network, the guitar is a great instrument inherited a family, purchased in the late 70s, early 80s. It has very good finishes, woods seem quality and powerful sound.

Someone who knows or has information materials it's made?
Thank You
Attachments
DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
javicarre

by VintAxe » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:00 am

Hi javicarre.

Your guitar reminds me of an Electra model X150 built by Matsumoku in the early 1980's. My guess is the guitar was a special order placed by a guitar distributor (Double Eagle) and built at the Matsumoku factory. I think Matsumoku was the largest exporter of Japanese guitars during this period so odds are they built the instrument.

I can't tell from the pictures what wood was used in construction, but ash and poplar stained dark is typical for these instruments.

Here is a link if you want to compare your guitar to the Electra X150:

If your guitar is a Matsumoku product, it is possible the the fellas over at the Guitar Gallery might be able to tell you more about your instrument. They specialize in Matsumoku built guitars.

Good luck with your search :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by javicarre » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:34 am

Hi VintAxe:

I really appreciate your time and explanation, I see that actually the x150 and my Double Eagle, have the body cut from the same cloth, just overlay the images and are practically twins. I understand that as you say this made Matsumoku.
I'll look more deeply the links you've written me.

Thanks for the help and for this web so interesting and great work.

be lucky
javicarre

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts