[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - ! Need help identifying a pre 1976 Aria. Please look!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

! Need help identifying a pre 1976 Aria. Please look!

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by slickrick » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Hello All! I am new here to the forum, and I hope all is doing well. My first order of getting acquainted with some of you is to ask for some expert help on identifying this ARIA Pre-1976. I think I'm correct in that because there is no serial number ANYWHERE on it. I have attached a few pics and will be glad to add more if needed. I sent this same info to another Guitar site and was told by one member that he thought it was a.....
1971 Aria Pro ii PE 1500 R80
So, is he correct?
Thank you all and I look forward to a long guitar loving relationship here at Vintaxe..... :wink:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
slickrick

by slickrick » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:57 pm

No ARIA experts on here :?: :?: :?: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :(
slickrick

by VintAxe » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:58 am

Hi Rick.

I'm no Aria expert but I can tell you the current attribution you have for your guitar is way off. The PE series was Aria's first original design after the copy era of the early-mid 1970's and didn't appear until 1977. The logo style on your guitar didn't appear on Arias until the early 2000's and the headstock shape on your guitar is similar to the headstock used on the M series guitars that started in the late 1990's.

Here is a link to an M series guitar with the same headstock shape as yours. I haven't really researched it but I think this headstock shape first appeared around 1999.

Aria did use this headstock on a bass designated PE around 1999 so that might be where your other poster's PE idea came from. So, I'm not sure what the exact model of your guitar is but I know for sure it is not 70's or Aria's top of the line PE series. If I were researching the guitar I would look in the 2000's Aria literature.

Hope this gets you closer to finding what you have.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by slickrick » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:57 pm

It does help. I have recently been told from the U.S. Rep in Japan that it is a 2001 PE-F30. The only thing is that there is not a serial number on it anywhere. That's why I thought it may have been pre-1986.
Any idea about the serial number?
Thanks for the reply!
slickrick

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts