[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Can Anybody Tell Me About A Nagoya N-50 Guitar?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Can Anybody Tell Me About A Nagoya N-50 Guitar?

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by MercuryMan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:37 pm

I picked this guitar up for $50 at a garage sale and am trying to find out something about it. It looks reasonably well made (generous binding, enclosed tuners, nice inlays on the fingerboard) and has remarkably good sound for a mid-level guitar. From discussions with the previous owner, I'm guessing it's between 20 and 30 years old. I can't seem to find anything about Nagoya guitars on the internet. Anyone familiar with this guitar? Thanks
MercuryMan

by Bassassin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:00 pm

Nagoya is the city where guitar builder Kasuga was based. They're better known for the work they did for other brands (Tokai, BC Rich, Martin are a few) but they released instruments under their own name and others, like Heerby. Possibly they used Nagoya as a house-brand name?

It would certainly be helpful if you could post some good quality photos of the guitar.

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by MercuryMan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:49 pm

I have some photos but am not sure how to post them using this website. Suggestions?
MercuryMan

by VintAxe » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi MercuryMan,

Instructions for posting pictures are under Forum Help and Guidelines.

I was just digging through a tub of guitar literature and found a pocket folder with a Nagoya label on it.

The folder contains several acoustic guitar brochures but they are branded Mikado and Chaser. From the looks of it, Bassassin is right. Nagoya probably exported guitars under their own name as well as other brand names. Nothing in the folder is dated but just by looks I would say 1980's.

I have tubs of acoustic guitar literature that I haven't uploaded to the site. I'll post to this thread if I find anything more definitive.

For now, here's the label, it might help with your research:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by cheepaxes » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:42 am

cheepaxes

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts