The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Greco-Guitar Device with spirit Energy JSH60

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by GuitarardedMan54 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:02 am

Hello All. I found this site in hopes of finding some if any info on my latest family member that is in transit as I type. It is Greco JSH60. It's sort of a Jackson clone with the droop headstock. What caught my eye about it is the pickup configuration. There's a humbucker at the bridge and a single coil at the neck. The single coil has larger than usual pole pieces. The serial # is C874439. I also like how old it is too. For the life of me, I have searched everywhere on the web to a least see picture of the dam thing and I came up with zero. It has a fret board that is so sweet looking I could just eat it. LOL. I also noticed it doesn't have a tone knob. The guy I bought it from told me that some metal axes from the 80's did not get a one. Hmmm. It does have a coil split toggle switch. Anywho, if anyone has info on or where I can find some info it sure would be greatly appreciated. Oh, to give as much info about this guitar, on the face of the headstock it states "Greco-Guitar Device with spirit Energy" Thanks again. :?
GuitarardedMan54

by VintAxe » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi GuitarardedMan54. Congratulations on the Greco purchase, they are generally quality builds that are still underappreciated in the US.

From what I understand, the first letter in your serial number is the month of production followed by the year. So, it appears your guitar was made in March 1987. Unfortunately I don't have any late 1980's Greco literature in the catalog collection but the JSH60 does appear in the 1990 foldout brochure I have posted. So, it looks like the model was produced for a few years. According to the brochure the body is made of Sen and it has a one piece maple neck. Looks like they only came in black or white. Original retail asking price was 54,000 yen.

Enjoy the guitar
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts