[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Kawai/Regina with Kay neck

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Kawai/Regina with Kay neck

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by lordbizarre » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:03 pm

I've a mid 60's (chrome pickguard)electric that I identifie as a Regina(found in "60's bizarre guitars/Rittor Music Tokyo",page 65 n°28).
It has a Kawai pu (& hardware ??) with a built-on non-original Kay neck.
Question : has anyone a Regina neck or a Goldmax neck(same page n°31)and/or a Kay body(K-1160) to complete one -or two guitars and/or more info about the Japanese Regina brand?
...or can someone translate the part of page 65 n°28 untill 33???...
It's NOT the best of guitar one can find, but surely the rarest & unknown that are the greatest challenge...also sprach I...
thanks !!!
[img][/img]
ivan alias lordbizarre
lordbizarre's electric guitar & amp museum
electric guitar and amp repair & expertise
Wange,belgium,€pe
lordbizarre@skynet.be 0032495260531
http://www.lordbizarre.com
lordbizarre

by VintAxe » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:54 pm

Hi Ivan,

I don't have your parts but I do currently have a translator working on the Bizarre Guitars Book. I spoke with Michael Wright and he told me that to his knowlege no one has translated BG. She's not working very quickly, but I have confidence that ultimately we'll have a good translation. So far she has sent me a translation of the Guyatone and Teisco Company history sections. I'll ask her to translate your figure captions next time we communicate. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Big Beat » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:36 pm

That's great news. I thought of hiring a translator myself, but have other priorities right now (like translating Czech guitar info before I get around to dealing with Japanese :) ) . Definitely let us know how it works out.
Big Beat

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts