[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - MARINA BASS GUITAR

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

MARINA BASS GUITAR

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by DC_BASSSLINGER » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:04 am

HELLO ALL

I CAME ACROSS A WILD LOOKING BASS MADE BY MARINA...IT IS SHAPED LIKE A FISH BUT WITH A UNIQUE STYLE TO IT WITH PRECISION AND JAZZ STYLE PICK UPS ON IT....ANY ONE HAVE AN IDEA OF AN ORIGIN OR A VALUE OF THIS THING...
PUMP DA BASS
DC_BASSSLINGER

by wietse » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:41 am

pictures?
and please stop shouting, turn off your caps lock, using this is regarded as shouting on forums.
wietse

by DC_BASSSLINGER » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:58 am

Hey sorry bout the caps guys....[/img]
PUMP DA BASS
DC_BASSSLINGER

by VintAxe » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:46 am

Hey Basslinger, no problem and welcome to the forum. I too am interested in seeing an image of this instrument but it looks like your image isn't showing up. If you have questions about how to post an image check the instructions under "Message Board Help and Guidelines". If that doen't work send me a message and I'll help you get a picture posted.

I want to see this "Fish" bass. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Big Beat » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:47 pm

Ah, the infamous Marina model B-402 :)

http://tinyurl.com/g4h6s

They were made in Korea in the 80's. There was a matching guitar too, not sure of the model number. Value is minimal, but those who fall for the shape tend to pay around $250.

NOTE to Admin: for some reason using the IMG tags doesn't work here. See?

Big Beat

by DC_BASSSLINGER » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:58 pm

big beat hit it on the head....wow...thats it..marina b402.....click on the tag on his reply to see it...thnx
PUMP DA BASS
DC_BASSSLINGER

by cheepaxes » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:22 am

Hey DC BassSlinger,

I'm a DC guy too. Do I know you/Do play with any bands I know?

-Scott McKnight
cheepaxes

by DC_BASSSLINGER » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:18 am

hey whassup......i play for ar&b/go-go called crossover band and also for a gospel group out of thump studios called heaven on high project....and do alot of studio work when called up...and you?
PUMP DA BASS
DC_BASSSLINGER

by cheepaxes » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:29 am

[quote="DC_BASSSLINGER"]hey whassup......i play for ar&b/go-go called crossover band and also for a gospel group out of thump studios called heaven on high project....and do alot of studio work when called up...and you?[/quote]

I play guitar and bass for bands that play mostly roots-rock: Last Train Home (country rock with a bunch of stuff thrown in), The Grandsons (New Orleans, calypso, old country, yodeling polkas) and Naughty Pine (mostly my own songs). I also play with Exit 10, which plays blues/jazz/funk-oriented stuff. Exit 10 plays at Madam's Organ about once a month.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by lordbizarre » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:07 am

I just couldn't resist , had to get this one in my hands . With sn 5030063.Does anybody know something about Cort,Korea codes?If indeed from the early 80's this could be sn 0063 from march 85 ?
Very playable , quit heavy , but with good sustain and smooth neck.
Hopefully his simular(guitar-)sister falls in my hands one day....
ivan alias lordbizarre
lordbizarre's electric guitar & amp museum
electric guitar and amp repair & expertise
Wange,belgium,€pe
lordbizarre@skynet.be 0032495260531
http://www.lordbizarre.com
lordbizarre

by minefield dstruction » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:42 am

yo i own the guitar version of the marina hot rod b-402 bass
it is a marina e-602
very light 21 fret red and white hot rod paintjob 2 humbuckers
my favourite guitar (so far) want to see it
http://img685.imageshack.us/i/minefield ... nshad.jpg/
minefield dstruction

by lordbizarre » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:46 pm

yo !
waaaw...that's beautifull !Thanks for posting!
more info about it ?
The longer I think about it the longer I don't think it's a Korean but a Taiwan one...or am I wrong or is Cort indeed the guilty one????
ivan alias lordbizarre
Wange,belgium,€pe
lordbizarre

by minefield dstruction » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:11 am

thanks for the reply dude i don't know where it was made there is no indication but if i get any more really beautifull guitars i'll post em up
minefield dstruction

by minefield dstruction » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:15 pm

just thaught i'd show off this little beautie http://img862.imageshack.us/i/wesleyros ... ingv2.jpg/
had to censor my pics in the background so i didn't offend anyone
minefield dstruction

by lordbizarre » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:00 am

look here what I've found at YouTube !!!! :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9WgZv9AsUY
ivan alias lordbizarre
Wange,belgium,€pe
lordbizarre