The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

teisco et-230 wiring

Posts related to vintage guitars manufactured in Japan or other Asian countries

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by johnnyb » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:37 pm

hi,
i just rebuilt a teisco et-230, its pictured in the show and tale section of the forum. it has the 3 selection toggle.(rhy,lead,bass) 3 switches, 2 vol, 1 tone and 2 pickups. although i cleaned all the pots and switches i did not do any rewiring. ive been playing it and noticed the tone knob was working strangely. so i broke it open and it was wired up wrong. i fixed it and now it works. so now im not sure if it the rest is wired correctly. being this the first of these guitars ive seen, im not exactly sure what the switches are supposed to do. are they an on-off for each pickup, with the third a master switch? or are the pickups tappable? making the switches 2 coil taps and a master on-off. the pickups do have 3 wires coming out of them. does anybody possibly have a wiring diagram for this guitar or something similar? or a photo of the insides? or at least someone who knows what the switches are supposed to do so i can figure it out. thanks.

john
johnnyb

Return to Vintage Japanese and Other Asian Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts